How do I retire my license?

If you do not plan on practicing in Tennessee and do not plan on using the title “licensed professional counselor”, you may apply to convert your active license to “retired” status.

  1. Obtain from, complete and submit to the board’s administrative office an affidavit of retirement form. Call (615) 532-5138 to obtain form.
  2. Submit any documentation required by the board’s administrative office.

Why should I retire my license?

  1. You are not required to obtain CEU’s if your license is retired.
  2. If your license is active and you are not practicing you are required to obtain CEU’s.

For more information on retiring or reactivating your license, go to section 0450-01-11 – RULES OF TENNESSEE BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS.