How to Report a Problem or Ethical Violation
What if I feel like there is a problem with the LPC from whom I am receiving services?
While we hope you never have a problem with your work with an LPC, we recognize that issues can develop. If you are experiencing any of the issues below, please consider reaching out for help:
- An inappropriate relationship
- Unprofessional behavior by the LPC
- Feeling unsafe or abandoned
- Private information revealed without an appropriate reason or your consent
- LPC not appropriately trained or licensed to deal with your issue/concern
Tennessee LPCs and LPC/MHSPs are required to abide by the American Counseling Association (ACA) Code of Ethics. To view this document, you can visit Code of Ethics.