Legislation Impacting Counselors
The Public Policy Committee exists to advance the advocacy goals of the TLPCA at the local, state, and federal levels.
With over 1,000 bills typically filed every state legislative session, many of which might impact counselors and clients, your Public Policy Committee must take care to focus our efforts strategically. In the 2022 Tennessee legislative season, our top priorities include:
- Ensuring that Tennessee counselors become part of The Interstate Compact, thereby securing greater state-to-state licensure portability and easing the way for counselors licensed elsewhere to move to our state.
- Protecting and promoting the interests of Tennessee counselors and clients, especially those who face systemic oppression and historic marginalization.
Want to get involved?
- Become a member and help us shape the future of counseling in Tennessee!
- Communicate with your TLPCA Regional Representative about legislation you’d like to see TLPCA support or oppose.
- Get connected to be in-the-know about legislative updates and calls-to-action!
Want to learn more about the legislative process?