2020 TLPCA Awards
- University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Architecture 1976
- Founder and Principal at Brewer Ingram Fuller Architects 1986-2019. Now almost retired from architecture.
- University of Tennessee, MS in Mental Health Counseling 2002
- Counselling internship at Alternative Counseling Center, Knoxville.
- Continue to maintain a part-time private practice, seeing adult individuals and couples.
- Supervisor since 2013.
- Co-Regional Representative for TLPCA Knoxville since 2009.
- Married to Pat for 44 years, with two adult sons, one grandchild, and another on the way.
- Elder at Laurel Church of Christ, Knoxville for last 18 years.
- Interests are hiking, photography, reading, and British TV drama.
TLPCA Community Service Award Recipient: Dr. Susan Lahey
Susan Lahey, PhD is the Director of Graduate Counseling Trevecca Nazarene University, where she has served as full-time faculty since 2007. In her various roles at Trevecca, Susan has provided leadership in her role as the Doctoral Program Coordinator since 2009 as well as CACREP liaison during the accreditation process. She is also the current faculty sponsor for the Chi Sigma Iota. Susan previously served as secretary and Middle TN representative within the TN Marriage and Family Therapy Association for 6 years. She is a licensed marital and family therapist with a private practice. Dr. Lahey is committed to the mentoring and development of counselors, supervisors, and educators. In her work as dissertation chair over the last 12 years, her desire to serve her students’ pursuit of counselor identity has only deepened. Susan has also trained supervisors for many years through the TLPCA and AAMFT organizations.
TLPCA Lifetime Achievement: Dr. Rob Moore
- Doctorate from George Peabody College at Vanderbilt University in Human Development Counseling (CACREP-accredited in Counselor Education and Supervision)
- Doctorate from Northcentral University in Psychology
- Was originally a Certified Professional Counselor (1986) and has upgraded license as TN scope of practice has grown
- 34 years of clinical practice focusing on ages 6-60 with sub-focuses on child and adult ADHD and adolescent risk assessment
- Counselor Educator and Director of Clinical Training at Argosy University(11 years)
- *Licensed School Services Personnel (School Psychology) with TN Department of Education
- Previous president of TLPCA
- Susan Hammonds-White recipient (TLPCA)
- LPC-MHSP with Clinical Supervisor endorsement, Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Associate Professor at Liberty University (appointments in School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Instructor at Grand Canyon University
- Conducts evaluations on at-risk teachers (Metro Nashville Public Schools) and at-risk youth (public schools)
- Grandfather of one, father of two, and married 39 years.
2020 Legislators of the Year
- Representative Mike Stewart
- Senator Jeff Yarbro
Nominations & Previous Years
Each year, TLPCA awards:
The Susan B. Hammonds-White Award
The original board members created a leadership award in Susan Hammond-White’s name to demonstrate our appreciation for her pioneer efforts on behalf of mental health counselors in our state. Susan had never received public acknowledgement for her tireless work on legitimizing our profession in Tennessee. This award was established as an annual award at our 2nd year conference.
Susan B. Hammonds-White Award Recipients
2020 – Anthony Fuller
2019 – Clay Harris
2018 – Marcy Webb
2017 – Marisa White
2016 – Rob Moore
2015 – Shawn Spurgeon
2014 – Monica Schmidt
2013 – Lorraine Jefferson
2012 – Kim Speakman
2011 – Robin Lee
2010 – Kay Arnold
2009 – Nancy Truett
2008 – Cindy Sneed
The Community Service Award
The community service award was created to honor a member of the community that has helped to promote LPC’s in Tennessee.
TLPCA Community Service Award Recipients
2020 – Dr. Susan Lahey
2019 – Ann White
2018 – Jenny Ford
2017 – Rebecka Warren
2016 – Dianne Bradley and Robbie Hutchens
2015 – Steve Sheehan
2014 – Terry Casey
2013 – Webster Bailey
2011 – Peter Wilson
2010 – Kittie Myatt
2009 – Dan Edwards
Representative Mike Stewart
Senator Jeff Yarbro
Senator Darren Jernigan
Senator Katrina Robinson
Representative Sam Whitson
Representative Richard Briggs
Mental Health America
TLPCA was honored at the 2012 21st Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony of Mental Health America as the Collaborative Agency of the Year for our collaboration with MHA in educational trainings and partnering with them to provide our office support.