Introduction to Clinical Supervision for Professional Counselors
2 CE Hours
“Introduction to Clinical Supervision for Professional Counselors”
This webinar provides an overview of clinical supervision, suitable both for new supervisors and experienced supervisors looking for a refresher on the basics. Participants will learn about the purposes and modalities of clinical supervision, the qualifications needed to provide supervision and review relevant ethical considerations. We will briefly explore popular models and theories of supervision and discuss best practices for documentation/record keeping, goal setting, feedback and remediation, and multicultural considerations in supervision.
- Define supervision including its purposes, modalities of supervision, ethical considerations and the basic qualifications needed to provide supervision to counseling students and master’s level counselors seeking licensure in TN.
- Increase knowledge of the supervisory relationship, including the rights and responsibilities of both parties and the qualities of an effective supervisor.
- Briefly review popular models & theories of supervision.
- Learn best practices for initiating supervision, goal setting, documentation/record keeping, and providing feedback, evaluation, and remediation.
- Introduce best practices for multicultural supervision and assisting supervisees in developing multicultural and social justice competencies.
About the Speaker