School Based Behavioral Health Liaison (Houston County)
Location: Houston County
Job Type: Full Time
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or closely related field is required. Preference given to parents/caregivers or family members of children with SED. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems, (especially Juvenile Justice) also strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Preferred:
• Knowledge of and/or experience working with children’s mental, emotional and social development and well-being.
• Knowledge of and/or experience working with children/families and teachers/staff in an educational setting.
• Knowledge of how to develop family-driven and strength-based treatment/behavior plans with families.
• Knowledge of system of care/wraparound principles/practices.
• Knowledge of Trauma-informed practices/approach
• Experience facilitating support groups and training parents and professional staff/teachers.
• Excellent organizational, written, communication and problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
• Excellent collaboration, customer service, and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
• Partner with teachers/administration to seamlessly integrate trauma informed practices/mental health awareness into existing education systems.
• Provide training to teachers staff and parents about Building Strong Brains/ACES, Trauma and Co-Occurring Disorders and Understanding the link between Adolescent Trauma and Substance abuse
• Identify students/parents and teachers/staff currently experiencing or at-risk of experiencing trauma related stress symptoms
• Completes Strengths-Based Assessments (CANS, ACES, CBITS)
• Provide group, family and individual counseling intervention for students/families
• Facilitate regular/recurring trauma screenings, trauma informed mental health assessments and group/individual interventions (TF-CBT)
• Facilitate parent and teacher/staff trainings such as Promoting Healthy and Successful Students, Youth Mental Health and First aid and Nurturing Parenting
• Facilitate Child Trauma Toolkit training for teachers/staff and ensure pre/post tests are completed
• Present/teach MindUp curriculum in order to help students improve coping skills and decrease anxiety.
• Assist teachers/administrative staff in creating and implementing trauma-informed practices
• Facilitate satisfaction survey completion process in order to review progress and measure outcomes of improving early identification and intervention of trauma related stress symptoms in students and teachers
• Consult and collaborate with teachers/parents regarding students’ needs identified in IEPs to ensure appropriate accommodations are identified/implemented.
• Consult and collaborate with teachers/parents regarding behavioral/learning plans
• Document individual and group counseling sessions in EHR as well as all other required assessments, training and outcome measurement tools.
• Ensure client information is secured consistent with HIPAA requirements.
• Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
Company Name: Tennessee Voices for Children