Youth Screen Regional Coordinator
Location: Knoxville, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in social science or closely related field required and three (3) or more years of work experience in the field. Clinically licensed or license eligible preferred. Flexibility in work schedule with availability in both day and evening hours. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
•Excellent collaboration, customer service, supervisory and management skills.
• Proven ability to orient, train and provide support for program staff and volunteers.
• Knowledge of the developmental, mental, emotional, relational, and social needs of children.
• Knowledge of behavioral disorders and children’s mental health diagnoses, including DSM V.
• Knowledge of the service area and of resources for children with mental health issues.
• Knowledge and experience with the juvenile justice, educational, and other child-serving systems.
• Proven commitment to system of care principles and to working effectively as a part of a team.
• Excellent organizational, written, communication and problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Proficient computer skills.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
• Oversight and coordination of all program activities, planning, support, and implementation.
• Markets Youth Screen Program to Tennessee schools and other youth-serving community venues.
• Presents to diverse groups of varying size on the Youth Screen program and process.
• Schedules, coordinates, and assists screening process at schools in counties across the state.
• Assists with recruiting masters and bachelors level interns to assist with screenings
• Trains interns and volunteers for Youth Screen process.
• Oversees and meets with youth after screening as needed and provides necessary follow-up.
• Coordinates clinical review of completed screens with Clinical Director for sign off on screens.
• Links and oversees linkage of youth/families with local community resources.
• Markets and delivers suicide prevention trainings to schools and other youth-serving community venues
• Markets and delivers Mental Health First Aid Trainings to schools and other youth-serving community venues
• Markets and delivers CAST to schools and other youth-serving community venues
• Coordinates and assists with satisfaction surveys.
• Coordinates and performs all necessary data recording and recordkeeping.
• Coordinates and provides timely reports to funding source(s) as well as individual screening sites.
• Assures all Youth Screen activities meet or exceed national standards.
• Supports program staff, interns and volunteers.
• Models and teaches effective advocacy skills, in keeping with system of care principles.
• Collaborates with the Clinical Director on program scope of services, implementation and sustainability.
• Conform to CARF standards.
• Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
Company Name: Tennessee Voices for Children