Brainspotting – Phase One Training
May 13-15, 2022
9 am – 5:30 pm (central)
Location: MTSU Center for Counseling & Psychological Services, Miller Education Center, Miller Room (2nd floor); 503 E. Bell St Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Only a few spots left so register soon! https://brainspotting-training.com/events/brainspotting-phase-1-in-person-training-murfreesboro-tn-may-15-15-2022/
Brainspotting is a brain-based therapy based on the hypothesis that specific eye positions designated as brainspots” activate and access specific areas of the midbrain that allow for the reprocessing and releasing of core neurophysiological reactions to trauma-related and other psychological experiences.
In addition, brainspotting is built on a model that emphasizes therapist-client presence and attunement in the healing process. As an open and integrative model, brainspotting is adaptable to many different areas of specialization and can be integrated with other treatment models.
In this introductory Brainspotting: Phase 1 training, participants will learn four basic brainspotting techniques. In addition, participants will receive an overview of the:
• standards of care and professional practice for brainspotting practitioners,
• research that supports the primary assumptions of brainspotting; and
• challenges of research and evidence-based treatment for conditions such as Complex PTSD
• Summarize the standards of care and professional practice of the International Brainspotting Association.
• Describe the hypothesized neurological underpinnings of how brainspotting works.
• Summarize the research that supports the hypothesized way in which eye positions activate and accesses midbrain activity.
• Explain the uncertainty principle as it relates to brainspotting.
• Describe the concepts of simultaneous neurobiological and relational attunement.
• Explain the importance of client therapist attunement during brainspotting.
Christine Ranck, PhD and Cynthia Schwartzberg, LCSW are Senior Brainspotting Trainers and Supervisors. They have been in the counseling field for 30+ years and in Brainspotting since its inception. Close colleagues of Dr. David Grand, discoverer and developer of Brainspotting, they participate in a monthly consultation group with Dr.Grand and are highly respected consultants in the field. Chris, author of Ignite the Genius Within, and Cynthia, author of The Curious Voyage: A Rule-Breaking Guide to Authenticity, specialize in working with survivors of profound trauma, creativity and performance enhancement and are internationally known seminar leaders and speakers.
Open to Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors & others in the Mental Health Field with a strong clinical background