We are hiring! Outpatient group practice therapy position in the East TN mountains. To apply, start here: https://forms.gle/onUkwE4W6NZBcuA89
The Journey Center for Healing Arts (est. 2009) is a small, privately owned and operated, group of helping professionals working to enhance the emotional well being of kids, adults, families, and couples in our community. We strive to create the best atmosphere for both our clients and employees for healing and wellness.
We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative group of 10 clinicians, two interns, and one administrative assistant, who work under one roof in Johnson City, TN. The owners are Sybil Smith and JJ Knodel, both clinicians themselves. Our passion is for being the safe space where folks can seek help and healing in our quiet Southern Appalachian town. While each clinician treats a separate niche in the community, we are all connected by being BIPOC allies, LGBTQ affirming, and use trauma-informed experiential models of healing.
It is important that every clinician aligns with the mission and values of The Journey Center. Our mission is to help folks in our community thrive, both in their inner world and in their relationships. Our operating principles and values are: acceptance, compassion, curiosity, kindness, and growth.
– Master’s or Doctoral degree in mental health field
– Full independent licensure in the state of TN (LPC/MHSP, LCSW, LMFT, Clinical Psychology). We are willing to provide supervision toward licensure for the right candidate, if license eligible within 6 months.
– Compassion, kindness, cultural sensitivity, and commitment to curiosity
– Have at least one niche specialization (trans, family, or perinatal mental health preferred)
– Good organizational skills and confident documentation skills
– High level of self motivation, independence and efficiency with technology
– Excitement to be part of an organization
– High value on and active participation in self growth and self care
– All clinicians work within an experiential model of psychotherapy such as EMDR, BrainSpotting, Mindfulness, Somatic Psychotherapy, Attachment and Hakomi models, etc. We are happy to train therapists who are interested in learning.
The Journey Center for Healing Arts, PLLC
Compassionate, inclusive, outpatient mental health