- Full-Time with Benefits
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some, or all, of the following:
- Manages a group of patients and coordinates their treatment and services within and across the residential continuum of care, including transitions to the next level of care, based on collaboration with the patient, family, and concerned others, in conjunction with the clinical treatment team, as well as clinicians at the next level of care.
- Clinically evaluates the goals, preferences, needs, barriers, and strengths of the patient and support system, using a variety of standardized and empirical tools for the purposes of treatment planning.
- Diagnoses substance use disorders and/or other co-occurring mental health disorders within limits of scope of practice as defined by education, training, and license, coordinating closely with physicians and psychiatric nurse practitioners as needed.
- Collaboratively creates a patient centered plan of care to support behavioral change toward patient’s goals in establishing ongoing recovery management, including review and revision of the plan of care as needed, as well as creating continuing care plans for the next step on the continuum of care.
- Provides a variety of interactive psycho-educational groups focused on substance use disorders, common mental health issues, and skills to address these for patients and families, including provision of professional and peer support resources internally and in the community.
- Facilitates individual, group and family counseling and/or therapy sessions, within scope of practice as defined by education, training, and license, utilizing evidence-based practices as defined within the Cumberland Heights Model of Care.
- Documents clinical activities in patient record according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in daily and weekly team meetings and treatment plan review, as well as individual and group clinical supervision, according to organizational policy and license requirements
- Collaborates with internal utilization review specialists and case manager, as well as specific third-party payor case managers, to provide the necessary information for concurrent review and benefit authorization for the patient’s care, including providing education and clarification for patient and family as needed.
- Collaborates with patients, families, case managers, and financial advisors, to thoughtfully utilize financial resources for care.
- Communicates regularly with a wide variety of people in relationship with the patient, including family members, employee assistance professionals, physicians, referrals, judges, probation officers, etc., regarding treatment progress and continuing care needs, as releases of information and applicable law allow.
- In conjunction with clinical support team, assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a therapeutic milieu, including working with patients with behavioral struggles in a manner that supports the individual patient and the community.
- Intervenes in crises to deescalate situation and resolve crises, using events as entries into therapeutic process for patient.
- Performs CPR and First Aid as needed
- As assigned, provides clinical supervision for clinicians seeking initial license, interns, and clinical support staff within scope of practice defined by education, training, and license
- Serves on a variety of administrative and quality management teams as clinical representative as assigned
- Represents Cumberland Heights at outside professional meetings as needed, including presentations and marketing/development activities as assigned
- As part of a team, provides a therapeutic environment conducive to healing for patients and families throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As a non profit organization that has provided services since 1966, Cumberland Heights prides itself on being a treatment center steeped in tradition while also taking on cutting-edge practices such as predictive analytics and feedback-informed treatment.