Don’t miss this free training opportunity – continuing education hours are available!
Please join Power of Putnam, Tennessee Tech’s Counseling Honor Society Tau Tau Upsilon, and the TN Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (TN-RCORP) for a collaborative symposium to discuss new developments and best practices in substance use prevention and recovery.
Gain knowledge on the evolution of prevention and application of prevention efforts within the Upper Cumberland and learn best practices in recovery and the efforts being made within the region. Learn how to identify the importance of a cross collaborative framework to address individual and systems-level concerns in prevention and recovery and how to identify health disparities within the Upper Cumberland.
August 11, 2023 1:00PM – 4:30PM
Bell Hall, Tennessee Tech University, Room 232
• Bill Gibson – Coalition Director for Power of Putnam, Certified Prevention Specialist II
• Justin Cantrell – Regional Overdose Prevention Specialist, Region 3N
• Tabatha Curtis – Statewide Coordinator for Tennessee Alliance For Drug Endangered Children
• Dr. Stephanie Karlosky – Licensed Professional Counselor and Mental Health Service Provider
• Dr. Mark Loftis – Professor at Tennessee Tech University and Clinical Mental and School Counseling Program Coordinator in the Department of Counseling and Psychology
• Dr. Steven Seiler – Professor at Tennessee Tech University and Director of the Tennessee Tech Addiction Prevention and Support Coalition
• Dr. Tony Michael – Associate Professor at Tennessee Tech University and the Ph.D. in Counseling and Supervision Program Coordinator in the Department of Counseling and Psychology
This training provides 2.5 continuing education hours toward Prevention Specialist certification.
Furthermore, this training provides 2.5 NBCC continuing education hours for licensed professional counselors. The cost for these NBCC approved hours is $20 with payment to TTU’s Counseling Honor Society Tau Tau Upsilon. NBCC payment is waived for Tau Tau Upsilon members. Individuals can pay cash or access PayPal through email, which is email@example.com.
In-Person Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/670545568847
Virtual Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/681823481387